What is web content strategy?
In it’s most basic form, content strategy with regard to your website defines the way content is planned, created, shared, curated and archived.
Whether you are a small business writing a few blog posts a month or a large corporation making hundreds of posts per month, a solid content strategy will help to ensure your content team stays on track.
Below is an overview of the different components of content strategy. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us!
Web Content Strategy includes:
- Compare your site’s content with the competition
- Objectively identify strengths/weaknesses
- Determine present message
- Explore needs of niche
- Information architecture investigation
- Set goals based on information obtained
- Clear vision of your brand and voice
- Marketing methodologies
- Identify content sources
- Content production workflow
- Working within WordPress as a CMS
- Metadata organization
- Categorization, tagging, heirarchical structure of content
- How will content be obtained
- User created
- Graphic Design
- Visual – Video, Images
- – Social – FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Content QA
- Re-Analysis as needed
- Periodic auditing of published content
- Analytics tracking and reporting